Why do I need a Travel Insurance?
Helping out on a project as a volunteer or doing your internship with a local organisation, it all sounds exciting, but unfortunately things can go wrong and you can find yourself needing urgent medical assistance, help with replacing lost luggage and/or assistance with making an urgent trip back home. Travel Insurance can offer coverage for the following:
- Medical Costs, from a visit to a local doctor to emergency hospital care;
- Expatriation in countries where medical facilities are limited, repatriation by air ambulance is sometimes necessary;
- Extra Travelling Expenses coverage is available should you need to return home due to a sick family member or if for medical reasons you are required to return home;
- Luggage, in the unfortunate situation of stolen luggage it is reassuring to know that the costs of replacing your stolen items can be insured;
- If it is necessary to cancel your trip prior to departure due to unforeseen circumstances, insurance is available to cover cancellation costs incurred.